AT&T and SUN Unix

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Fri Apr 22 01:24:34 AEST 1988

In article <953 at unmvax.unm.edu> mike at turing.UNM.EDU.UUCP (Michael I. Bushnell) writes:
>In article <10430 at steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>
>>	BSD	Sun (sorry, they seemed to have loaned B enough
>>		programmers to get 4.3 out the door)
>
>Not right.  Let's see if we can figure it out: BSD = Berkeley Software
>Distribution.  Hmmmm...I wonder who does this?  Berkeley perhaps?

  Please see my parenthesized remark.  Both Sun people and Berkeley
people have told me that the bulk of 4.3 changes were written either at
Sun and given to BSD, or by programmers actually loaned to Sun.  If you
know this is not the case please attribute a source to your information.
I put the remark in so people could make the connection. I don't care who distributes it (heresy) all I care is who writes it, since that's who should be working on a merged UNIX.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)