Shell error exit question

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Tue Aug 9 02:58:48 AEST 1988

Dumb question #4,287 -

How does one get /bin/sh to NOT exit when processing a script which produces
"not found", or other potentially recoverable errors ?

Yes, I RTFM: according to the manual, "Errors detected by the shell ...
cause the shell to return a nonzero exit status. If the shell is being used
noninteractively, execution of the shell file is abandoned."

The reason I suspect there's a work-around is that I've tried the same script
with Ksh and it merrily continues processing even if "not found" errors occur.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Hammond                                                /dsix2!daveh
  UUCP: {uunet | rutgers | spl1 | ...}!{masa.com | hombre}!<
DOMAIN: dsix2!daveh at masa.com                                \marob!daveh