Altos 586

Jerry D. Pierce jdp at pbhyf.PacBell.COM
Tue Aug 16 15:31:56 AEST 1988

  I just finished dusting off a long un-used Altos 586, and I can't
  quite get UUCP up and running.  (And of course the manuals have
  disappeared long ago)  This beast is running Xenix 2.3

  Can anyone tell me what the following files are, and what format
  they should take.

  /etc/ttys                 (Looks like something similar to what would
                             be an inittab in later versions of unix)
  /etc/ttytype              (You got me, no idea what this is doing)
  /usr/lib/uucp/L.sys       (Similar in format to newer Systems)

  Better yet, anybody have an extra copy of the manuals???  (I know,
  museum pieces, but worth a try...)

    Jerry D. Pierce
    pacbell!pbsrva!jdp