NEC LC-890 in hp emulator mode

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Sat Aug 13 09:38:48 AEST 1988

In article <49764GL4 at PSUVM> GL4 at PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>i have an NEC LC-890 hooked up to a unix machine (Celerity) running
>BSD 4.2 ... the NEC has a mode to emulate an HP laserjet+, but i can't
>get it to work ...

The print spooler has to send carriage returns (as it would to most
other printers) unless the application knows the laserjet positioning
codes.  Under sysV, that would be "stty onlcr", but I don't know
about BSD.  There have been several ascii->postscript filters posted
to the net that work nicely with the 890.  In postscript mode the
carriage returns are not needed.

Les Mikesell