Fastest way to backup 300MB

Eelco van Asperen evas at euraiv1.UUCP
Fri Aug 12 23:12:53 AEST 1988

in article <516 at anagld.UUCP>, rcsmith at anagld.UUCP (Ray Smith) says:
> I have a situation where I need to be able to backup 300MB of data
> in less than 30 minutes. This will probably be done on a Sun system.

The Summer 1988 issue of Sun Technology has an add by Interscience
Computer Corporation in which they claim to "back-up 1.2 GigaBye
in 30 minutes with our cartridge tape drive".
Further details;	1.2 Gigabye capacity, formatted
			764 Kb/sec transfer rate
			512 Kb cache
			MegaTape standard 1/2" cartridge
			Pertec or SCSI interface
			Advanced error correction
			Auto cartridge load
			Extensive diagnostics and data calibration

They can be reached at (818) 707-2000.
I don't know this company other than by this add; I have no connection
to them whatsoever. I just happened to finish reading this magazine
just before your message.

--
Eelco van Asperen.
uucp:        evas at eurtrx / mcvax!eurtrx!evas	#include <inews/filler.h>