Writing HP cartridge tapes on a Sun 3

Mike Schroeder mike at pcsbst.UUCP
Wed Aug 10 05:27:05 AEST 1988

In article <373 at mmlai.UUCP> burzio at mmlai.UUCP (Anthony Burzio) writes:
>In article <63050 at sun.uucp>, swilson%thetone at Sun.COM (Scott Wilson) writes:
>> In article <614 at ednor.UUCP> cgf at ednor.UUCP (Chris Faylor) writes:

[stuff deleted]

>> In short we gave up and tried to transfer data with ethernet, of course
>> the HP was thin ethernet and the Sun thick so ...
>>

>DEC sells a little gizmo for switching between thick and
>thin Ethernet (if you can stomach talking to DEC...)

As far as I know, you can also get this type of gizmo from
Interlan (in case you prefer talking to them ;-).

Mike Schroeder			(cochise!mike at pcsbst.UUCP)
PCS GmbH; Pfaelzer-Wald-Str. 36; D-8000 Muenchen 90; W. Germany
UUCP:  ...uunet!unido!pcsbst!msc
PS: anyone seen my disclaimer wandering around ?-)