using set term in the .login file

Matt Reedy matt at iquery.UUCP
Thu Oct 13 06:18:42 AEST 1988

In article <1139 at fredonia.UUCP>, sale5312 at fredonia.UUCP (Marty Saletta) writes:

>    if (using ttyd1 or using ttyd2) then set term=vt52

Here's what we have in our /etc/profile for logging in either through a hard-
wired terminal, or over our Starlan network:

T=`tty`
# check for login over network (tty is slannn)
if echo `basename $T` | grep slan >/dev/null
then
	TERM=pc
else
	TERM=wyse50
fi
export TERM

matt

--
Matthew Reedy                 UUCP: {harvard!adelie,gatech!petro}!iquery!matt
Programmed Intelligence Corp. "Lots of people without brains do alot of talking"