using set term in the .login file

Marty Saletta sale5312 at fredonia.UUCP
Mon Oct 10 04:31:51 AEST 1988

   Sorry if this seems a little easy for the expirenced users here,but I'd
 like to know how to use set term from the .login file.  Let me explain
 just a little further:I use the Vax here at my college two places:at the
 computer lab,and at home.  I'd like to be able to have the Vax
 recognize that I'm calling from home and automatically set the term to
 VT52.  Specifically,I'd like a line something like this in my .login file:

   if (using ttyd1 or using ttyd2) then set term=vt52

   I need the proper syntax,and I haven't been able to find too many examples.
 Much thanks in advance!

--
 /    /  |\ |  /    / |  /   :   Marty Saletta @ Fredonia,NY----------
/ __ /__ | \| /__  /  | /    :   Atari ST,New York Yankees,bloody Who,