SysV/AT awk problem: Usenet stats script

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Wed Oct 5 22:24:39 AEST 1988

In article <758 at cgh.UUCP> paul at cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) writes:
>In article <706 at splut.UUCP> jay at splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) writes:
>>Has anyone out there gotten Erik Fair's Usenet stats awk script to run
>>under Microport System V/AT?
>This means that awk has run out of space.

Yeah...same thing happens on SCO XENIX.  I've pared down Erik's script
to the most interesting stuff, and I'd be glad to mail out a copy if
interested.  For example, I've thrown out the "bad newsgroups received"
list, which is huge to the point of worthlessness on a site which doesn't
have a full news feed, like me.
--
Chip Rosenthal     chip at vector.UUCP | I've been a wizard since my childhood.
Dallas Semiconductor   214-450-0486 | And I've earned some respect for my art.