FTP failure

reidar reidar at cucard.UUCP
Tue Oct 11 10:01:40 AEST 1988

I am only recently connected to the internet and have a possibly naive
problem.  I am running 4.3bsd on a /750. I am trying to get the Van
Jacobson tcp changes from ucbarpa. Ftp will only complete file transfers
of small (<10k bytes) files.  Am I the victim of an overloaded internet,
a well-known ftp bug, a set up mistake, ...? I have tried more than 30 times
to get these files, i tried at various bizarre times (e.g. 4 AM EST), it always
times out after transmitting a partial file or  nothing.
   I have had a similar experience trying to ftp the tex files from
labrea.stanford. These are each 512000 bytes long and I have variable success
ftping them.  I have gotten 20 of the 43 files after many tries.
	I would appreciate guidance.

--
Reidar Bornholdt
..!{cmcl2,usenix}!cucard!reidar