troff to postscript translators

Chris Lewis clewis at ecicrl.UUCP
Tue Oct 11 10:44:52 AEST 1988

In article <1304 at ora.UUCP> tim at ora.UUCP (Tim O'Reilly) writes:
|In article <286 at drd.UUCP>, mark at drd.UUCP (Mark Lawrence) writes:
|> In <556 at ssp15.idca.tds.philips.nl> Jos Vos wrote about TPSCRIPT.  I notice
|> that it expects ditroff output.  Is ditroff output different from troff output
|> and if so,

Troff generates "Wang Cat" phototypesetting output codes.

|>is there a converter available to do that?
|
|Yes, unfortunately, the Sun has old troff, which is
|different from ditroff (device-independent troff).  You can
|get around this with a package called cat2dit, which comes
|with devps from Pipeline Associates.

Or, if sufficient people are interested, I could post my PD Troff to
PostScript converter.  It's still being shaken out, but it works pretty
good with straight text or eqn (our tbl appears to be broken) on an Apple
LaserWriter.  [Yeah, I'm the guy who published the lousy Troff to Laserjet
filter.... This one's much better than that.  Honest!]
--
Chris Lewis
{uunet!mnetor,yunexus,utzoo}!lsuc!ecicrl!clewis