))))) WANTED : visual spell checker (((((

John Campbell jdc at naucse.UUCP
Wed Oct 12 13:46:24 AEST 1988

>From article <583 at rbdc.UUCP>, by andy at rbdc.UUCP (Andy Pitts):
: In article <449 at mrsvr.UUCP> ssa at mrsvr.UUCP (6607) writes:
:>
:>	Does any one have the source (or SUN executable) for a visual spell
:>checker, similar to the "vspell" program that is available on the STORE for
:>the unixpc?
:
: Vspell from The Store can probably be ported to the Sun with no trouble.
: It is a shell script and should execute without trouble.  It does call a
: small C program (inspell.c) but the source is included in

Has anyone noticed vspell missing words that spell catches (happens on my
3b1 unixpc).  I haven't looked into it yet, but it effectively ruled out using
vspell to help my son (who is spelling dyslexic).  I'm trying to find something
on-screen that is useful for a unix novice.  (spell alone is hard to use and
has some hashing duplications if I remember rightly.)
--
	John Campbell               ...!arizona!naucse!jdc

	unix?  Sure send me a dozen, all different colors.