Class B Ethernet software for Convergent Technologies MiniFrame

Chuck Kesler jck at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
Sat Oct 8 00:06:23 AEST 1988

I'm not sure if I'm asking this question in the correct place, but I
can't think of a better place to start...

We have a Convergent Technologies MiniFrame Plus running CTIX (Sys V).
The machine has an ethernet card in it, but we are unable to use it
because the TCP/IP software supplied with the machine does not get
along with Class B networks, which is what we have.

My question is pretty straightforward:  Does anyone out there have
or know where I can get TCP/IP software for CTIX which will allow
us to interface the machine with a Class B network?

The dealer which we bought the machine from has promised to send us
modified software that was done by someone working at a university
(can't remember where it was, but it seems like it was a university
somewhere in the northwest).  This was several months ago, and after
repeated calls and promises, we've had no luck.  Now our UN*X systems
programmer is leaving, and I'm sort of in charge of this machine for
awhile.

If anyone can help me out, please send me mail directly, as I do not
have time to keep up with this or any other newsgroup on a regular
basis.

Oh yeah, please forgive any ignornance I may demonstrate on this subject,
as I am normally a systems programmer on an IBM system running VM.
No flames please! :-)

Thanks,

-Chuck
 Systems, North Carolina State University Computing Center

 jck at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu   -or-   chuck at ncsuvm.bitnet