uucp working on *anyone's* Altos???

Peter Frenning pfrennin at altos86.UUCP
Thu Oct 6 06:53:29 AEST 1988

To: rac at jc3b21.UUCP
Subject: Re: uucp working on *anyone's* Altos???
Newsgroups: comp.mail.uucp,comp.unix.xenix,comp.unix.questions

In article <478 at jc3b21.UUCP> you write:
]Does anyone out there have uucp running on an Altos?  I work
]for a parent company that also owns a VAR which sells Altos and
]their own software package for the medical industry.  We have not
]been able to get uucp working reliably on any of the Altos
]models.  1086, 2086, Series 2000, etc.  We've had better luck with
]the newer 2000's, but it still doesn't work well enough to be
]usable.  Altos has been no help at all.
]
]If anyone out there can be of any help, or just give me some
]suggestions, I'd appreciate it.  I'll be glad to give you more
]detailed information if you need it.
]
]Thanks,
]Roger Cornelius

Since I don't have a mailer which understands domain adressing, I have to post
this to the network, for which I apologize.

Hi Roger!
If you would care to give me a call, I'll be happy to try and help you.
over the last four years I have been using uucp extensively on a succession
of Altos machines, including your problemchildren, and I might add with nary
a problem.
So why don't you give me a call at (408) 946 6700 ext. 4506, I just might be
able to help you.

Best regards

Peter Frenning