using set term in the .login file

Mike Bennett mbennett at midas.UUCP
Tue Oct 11 23:39:56 AEST 1988

in article <1139 at fredonia.UUCP>, sale5312 at fredonia.UUCP (Marty Saletta) says:
>                             I'd like to be able to have the Vax
>  recognize that I'm calling from home and automatically set the term to
>  VT52.  Specifically,I'd like a line something like this in my .login file:
>
>    if (using ttyd1 or using ttyd2) then set term=vt52

I assume that your Vax only has two dial-up lines and they are ttyd1
and ttyd2. If there are more, just add them to the list. This should work:

	     tty | grep "ttyd[12]" >/dev/null
	     if ( $status == 0 ) then
		set term=vt52
	     else
		set term=(term type at school)
	     endif

Mike Bennett
Languages Development
Gould Computer Systems Division, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
.....!{uunet,sun,pur-ee,brl-smoke}!gould!mbennett
I am paid to work and to think for my employer - so I do.
I am NOT paid to speak for my employer - so I don't.