troff to postscript translators

Tim O'Reilly tim at ora.UUCP
Sun Oct 9 22:58:39 AEST 1988

In article <286 at drd.UUCP>, mark at drd.UUCP (Mark Lawrence) writes:
> In <556 at ssp15.idca.tds.philips.nl> Jos Vos wrote about TPSCRIPT.  I notice
> that it expects ditroff output.  Is ditroff output different from troff output
> and if so, is there a converter available to do that?  I'm running on a Sun
> which has no ditroff (to my knowledge) and worse yet, has no tmac.mm macro set

Yes, unfortunately, the Sun has old troff, which is
different from ditroff (device-independent troff).  You can
get around this with a package called cat2dit, which comes
with devps from Pipeline Associates.  I don't have their
company address handy, but you can reach the principals
as follows:

Pat Wood 201-731-7860
Steve Kochan (212) 598-4650 or (212) 598-9457

We resell devps, but have never gotten around to carrying
the cat2dit upgrade.

--
Tim O'Reilly (617) 527-4210 or (800) 338-NUTS
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks
UUCP:	uunet!ora!tim      ARPA:   tim at ora.uu.net