umount : fs busy

Torsten Homeyer torsten at pcsbst.UUCP
Thu Sep 8 21:44:47 AEST 1988

In article <27261 at neabbs.UUCP> psloot at neabbs.UUCP (PAUL SLOOTMAN) writes:
>When I want to umount a filesystem, I sometimes (entirely correctly)
>get the message "umount failed: file system busy".
>
>My uestion is: how can I find out who or what is keeping it busy?
>Obviously it can be found, 'cos umount knows about it. The system
>in question is SysV.

	Try "fuser".  It tell you the prozessids which work on that device.
	"fuser -k" will kill them.

		Torsten.
---
Name    : Torsten Homeyer         {tho at pcsbst ; torsten at homeyer}.UUCP
Company : PCS GmbH, Munich W-Germany.
UUCP  : ..uunet!unido!pcsbst!tho     ..uunet!unido!pcsbst!sws4!torsten
PRIVAT: ..unido!{pcsbst,megalon,mikros,[altger,netmbx]!oldman}!homeyer!torsten