"ie0: Ethernet jammed" on a Sun 4/110

Alan R. Silverman animal at ernie.NECAM.COM
Sat Sep 3 09:51:16 AEST 1988

	I have some of the same problems.  I noticed that on some of the
machines, the connector was a bit loose or slightly bent down.  When I
straighten out the connector, the errors disappear for a while.

	Another possibility is, your backbone may be too close to a
florescent light or other 'noisy' object.  One time, someone layed a
florescent light unit next to the end of my backbone cable, in a dark
corner and the ethernet went into cardiac arrest with nothing but
ie0: Ethernet jammed  messages blasting the consoles!!!

-animal