"ie0: Ethernet jammed" on a Sun 4/110

Hans von Kleist-Retzow hans at taeva.UUCP
Fri Sep 2 18:31:28 AEST 1988

In article <5720 at ihlpf.ATT.COM> trdill at ihlpf.ATT.COM (Diller) writes:

>I can't say for sure but in the Sun 3/60 there is an internal
>jumper which when set one way will work with "cheaper-net" and
>when set the other way works with ether-net. I can't say for
>sure but the error you are getting sounds like you may have an
>un-terminated network. You may want to check if this jumper
>situation applies to the Sun 4/xxx.

The Sun 4/110 has an automatic Ethernet/Thin-Ethernet selection
feature.

I add some part of the Sun 4100 Board Set Configuration Procedures:

"If your Ethernet cable is hooked up to a multiplexer box with less
than 30 milliamps on a +12V return, the Auto Select function allowing
you to connect either Ethernet or Cheapernet automatically will not
work. You should disable the Auto Select function by forcing
Ethernet. To do this, install jumper J1800."

The location of the jumper is D-3.

Hans von Kleist-Retzow, Dipl.-Inform.
TA Triumph-Adler AG
Hundingstr. 11b