Summary of Responses

shirono at hcx3.SSD.HARRIS.COM shirono at hcx3.SSD.HARRIS.COM
Sat Sep 3 08:39:00 AEST 1988

In comp.unix.questions <1000 Aug 31, 1988>, leightsu at neptune.UUCP writes:
> <...>
>
> 	su user -c shellscript
>
> <...> where is the su -c option documented.
> It is not documented in the Ultrix and BSD4.3 doc sets that I have in
> my possession. Am I missing something?

Yes.  -c is not an option to su.  It is an option to sh, csh, ksh (and
I believe tcsh, as well).

I don't know if Ultrix says anything about it, but sysV su has a
command line of the form

	     su [ - ] [ name [ arg ... ] ]

where [ arg ... ] are arguments passed verbatim to the shell.

                               ||   Internet: shirono at ssd.harris.com
     Roberto Shironoshita      ||
      Harris Corporation       ||             ...!novavax---\
   Computer Systems Division   ||   UUCP:     ...!uunet-------!hcx1!shirono