Unix genealogy

Jeff Bowden jeff at stormy.atmos.washington.edu
Mon Sep 19 11:21:51 AEST 1988

I'm sure a discussion of this must have gone through the net long before I
have been on it but does anyone know what the exact genealogy of all the
major versions of Unix is?  This would include, of course, all the AT&T
versions as well as BSD, as well as various manufacturer specific version
(sunos, ultrix, sco, etc...) as well as some that I have no idea about (USG???)

As I said this has probably gone through a few times so if anyone has a good
summary lying around, MAIL it to me, as I'm sure there will be those who would
launch BSD vs. SysV vs. ???  wars at the mere mention.