9-track Tape Drives

Dale Van Voorst voorst at wybbs.UUCP
Tue Sep 20 00:40:29 AEST 1988

I'm looking for information about using 9-track reel to reel tape drives
under Unix/Xenix.

Specifically, we have an Altos 386 Series 1000 running Unix System V and
we need to find a 9-track tape drive that will work well with it.  The
Series 1000 does have a SCSI port which I suspect will give us a few
more options.

I'm interested in any input regarding experiences with different tape
drives as well as rough cost estimates.

Please E-mail any info and I will post a summary, if requested.

Thanks!

Dale Van Voorst      voorst at wybbs   ||   killer!wybbs!voorst