X Windows

Tom Littauer littauer at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com
Wed Sep 28 23:49:56 AEST 1988

In article <910 at shark.lamont.Columbia.edu> dale at lamont.Columbia.edu (dale chayes) writes:
>In article <255 at utoday.UUCP>, beth at utoday.UUCP (beth) writes:
>>                 I'm trying to write an article about what a "Distributed
>>         X Network" might look like, and what benefits it would provide
>
>This article posting struck oddly. Perhaps I am completely off base, in
>which case I apologize now, or it is either; intended to start a flame
>war over the pros and cons of various window systems, or an attempt to
>gather some info so that the poster can write an article about a topic
>which she/he is not qualified to write about.
>
>If the first case is correct, you will probably succeed. If the second,
>I suggest that you ask your editor to assign someone who knows the subject.

After all the flames in other groups about the trade press not reflecting
the interests of the technical community, it's nice to see someone coming
to us for informed opinion. Assuming "beginner's mind" is a useful device
for (re)examining a subject for a fresh perspective. It'd be real good to
see an article that talks about real-world benefits as opposed to "it's
new, it's sexy, therefore it's useful" :-).
UUCP:  littauer at amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ames,uunet}!amdahl!littauer
DDD:   (408) 737-5056
USPS:  Amdahl Corp.  M/S 337,  1250 E. Arques Av,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086

I'll tell you when I'm giving you the party line. The rest of the time
it's my very own ravings (accept no substitutes).