X Windows

dale chayes dale at lamont.Columbia.edu
Sun Sep 25 06:38:36 AEST 1988

In article <255 at utoday.UUCP>, beth at utoday.UUCP (beth) writes:

>                 I'm trying to write an article about what a "Distributed
>         X Network" might look like, and what benefits it would provide

This article posting struck oddly. Perhaps I am completely off base, in
which case I apologize now, or it is either; intended to start a flame
war over the pros and cons of various window systems, or an attempt to
gather some info so that the poster can write an article about a topic
which she/he is not qualified to write about.

If the first case is correct, you will probably succeed. If the second,
I suggest that you ask your editor to assign someone who knows the subject.

--
Dale Chayes Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory of Columbia University
Route 9W, Palisades, N.Y.  10964	dale at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu
voice:	(914) 359-2900 extension 434	fax: (914) 359-6817