kermit on unix

Shawn Koppenhoefer sekoppenhoef at dahlia.waterloo.edu
Tue Sep 20 09:00:32 AEST 1988

I'm having trouble transfering binary files with Kermit on unix.
Everything works fine for text files (when i tell kermit that I'm
sending text) but when I try to send binaries from unix to my pc
the transfer never starts.
I'd rather not have to use KERMIT on my end to do the file transfers as
I've grown quite fond of TELIX (which has the protocol anyway).
What I don't understand is why text will transfer and binaries not.
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
Email me if you do. I'd *really* appreciate it.

Shawn