Advice Request on the C Users Group

John Worley worley at ardent.UUCP
Fri Sep 2 03:13:20 AEST 1988

    I recently received a letter from the "C Users Group" (CUG), offering
wonderful things if I would consent to join them.  Before I send away for
this, I would like any and all opinions on the outfit, especially concerning:

	How old is the organization?
	Are they a legit and/or sincere users group?
	Are there "hidden costs"?
	How useful are the publications?
	How good is the code you can get?  Is it:

		Well written & documented?
		Portable?
		Useful (a faster Towers of Hanoi I don't need)?
		Relatively self contained?
		Worth the money?

	Does the "over 100 distribution formats" include QIC-24 tar/cpio?

    Please respond by mail; I will summarize if there is interest.

						Regards,
						John Worley
						hplabs!ardent!worley
						uunet!ardent!worley