Future at Berzerkeley

Lars P. Fischer fischer at iesd.dk
Sat Apr 1 12:35:00 AEST 1989

In article <9957 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:

>In article <4814 at macom1.UUCP> larry at macom1.UUCP (Larry Taborek) writes:
>>My question is, since Berkeley has been paying licsence fees to
>>AT&T for portions of their code, will AT&T pay Berkeley for
>>portions of their code included in SVR4?  If not, then will AT&T
>>price SVR4 so that users are not paying for portions of code that
>>AT&T did not buy or develop?

>The implied accusation of theft that lies behind your questions
>is, to the best of my knowledge (and I do have some inside
>knowledge) unfounded and demands an apology.

Very good. Don't ever use provoking or humorous language. Doug does
not like that, you see. And he's always *so* polite :-).

Lighten up, Doug. Read the question as "will i have to pay $$ to get
something from ATT that I could have for free from Berkeley?". We all
appreciate your help and information, but try not to throw rocks at
people all the time, OK?

/Lars
--
Lars Fischer,  fischer at iesd.dk, {...}!mcvax!iesd!fischer
Dept. of Math. and Comp. Sci., University of Aalborg