Need help reading a file with unusual name(s)

John DeBert onymouse at netcom.UUCP
Fri Apr 14 06:10:21 AEST 1989

I cannot access files with filenames containing "non-graphic" characters.
(How they got that way, I don't know.) I have two files that I need to
access called "maps\033w" (ls shows the name as "maps") but if I enter the
name as shown, I still cannot access it. I also have a file of substantial
size which has the CR character as it's filename.

My books do not cover how to handle files with such names.

How do I access these files, i.e., to read or rename?

J DeBert
onymouse at netcom.UUCP
"...anything you say can and will offend someone..." Lazarus Long