24th/25th line garbage via modem.

Max Heffler @ Landmark Graphics max at jma.UUCP
Sat Apr 8 14:07:45 AEST 1989

Usually when I call in via modem and hop across our Ethernet (Calling
in to an IBM RT from a remote AT with Inboard 386 running Zap and
running across the net to a Compaq to read news), I get garbage around
the 20th-24th line area.  Sometimes I even have it coming in directly
from the AT to the Compaq's modem.  The AT modem is a Hayes 2400 and the
Compaq's is usually a Microcom 9600.  The network is usually Micom on the RT
to Western Digital on the Compaq 386/20 (TCP/IP).  I have played with the
stty of ixon, ixoff, ixany because sometimes after the garbage, I would
get a message about ^S/^Q being invalid commands.  Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.
--
Max Heffler                     uucp: ..!uunet!jma!max
Landmark Graphics Corp.         phone: (713) 579-4751