/etc/profile; apology

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at quintus.UUCP
Wed Apr 19 07:51:40 AEST 1989

In an earlier posting I claimed that /etc/profile was "not available
on this copy of SunOS 3.5".  I was wrong.  What misled me was that the
other systems I looked at which had the /etc/profile *facility* had an
/etc/profile *file*, so to see whether the version of SunOS I was
using had the facility, I looked for the file, and there was none.
However, the sh(1) manual page makes it absolutely clear that the
SunOS 3.5 Bourne shell *does* support /etc/profile.

Thanks to Guy Harris for pointing out my blunder.