VME bus to DR-11W driver under System V

Cliff Stoll cliff at cfa250.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 19 08:01:19 AEST 1989

Have you interfaced a DR-11W type board to a VME crate?

We have a Silicon Graphics IRIS computer (which has VME slots),
and we need a parallel lab-type DMA interface, for data acquisition.
The beast runs System V Unix.

We've found several boards that interface from VME to DR-11W
(The DR-11W is a general purpose parallel interface that's well suited
for our lab I/O demands)  For example, MDB systems in Orange, CA
sells a DMA I/O module that connects from VMEbus to a DR-11W interface.

But what about software?  The MDB board comes with a standalone
generic 68000 driver, which knows nothing about Unix.

We need a Unix driver to do parallel I/O for this beast.

Any ideas or suggestions?
 (in return, I'll happily send you a box of homemade chocolate chip cookies!)

Many thanx from Cliff Stoll      Cliff at cfa200.harvard.edu   617/495-7147
--
Cliff Stoll     cliff at cfa200.harvard.edu   617/495-7147