Need printer driver advice...

Michael_Anthony_Domino at cup.portal.com Michael_Anthony_Domino at cup.portal.com
Sat Apr 1 06:36:17 AEST 1989

I need to write a printer driver for a thermal transfer color
printer, and I would appreciate any advice on getting the job
done.  I've written lots of drivers for microcomputers (but none
under Unix), and this one will be for a Hewlett Packard
workstation, running their version of System V.  Are there any
books or manuals on the subject that anyone could recommend?
How about example code?  How big a job can this get to be,
compared to drivers for the PC or the Macintosh, for which I
have lots of experience?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Domino