SCO XENIX MAIL

Wm. E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Fri Apr 7 02:11:27 AEST 1989

In article <655 at mccc.UUCP> shevett at mccc.UUCP (Dave Shevett) writes:

| If I remember my SCO properly, (last version I was running was something like
| 2.1.x) the mailer was very close to 'mailx', a mighty powerful mailer in
| itself.  'mush' seems a lot of work to pile onto a Xenix box when the built
| in mailer is pretty good.

  The Xenix mailer is quite close to mailx. The things it seems to lack
are (a) routing for uucp addresses, (b) handling of domain addresses,
and (c) a visual interface. Mush doesn't handle micnet worth a damn the
way I installed it, but there are ways to make it work.

  If you don't need or seriously want the above features you are
probably going to be happy with the existing mailer. I got rid of most
of the performance problems by using the -lmalloc library option. I
think that is no longer supported in newer versions.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at crd.GE.COM)