Editing my .newsrc file + other rn questions

Jon R Ferro jrferro at athena.mit.edu
Sun Apr 9 02:37:46 AEST 1989

I suspect this is the wrong newsgroup for these questions. Directions to
the proper source of information will qualify as very helpful answers.

Two big questions:

1) I have edited my ~/.newsrc file to only include the files that I am
interested in reading, in the order that I am interested in reading
them. I am of the understanding that this is a legal modification of
rn's operation. However, upon starting rn for my daily fix I am still
badgered by ~15 messages asking me if I want to add the "new" newsgroups
ba.news.ratings, ne.news.ratings, eunet.*, usrgroup.*, bionet.*, etc,
which I have said "NO" to many times before. Is there any fix for this
situation other than just hiding these newsgroups at the end of my
.newsrc?

2) I would like to see as few unessential headers as possible while
reading news, but I want all of the headers (especially Path:) included
when I save an article to a file/mailbox. What's the correct
incantation?

Please reply via Email, as this group is not in my .newsrc.

Jon Ferro
MIT Mathematics
jrferro at athena.mit.edu