comma operator: keep away?

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Tue Apr 25 13:39:11 AEST 1989

In article <1989Apr24.172219.817 at utzoo.uucp>, henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
> Anyone who says "any competent programmer ought to be able to understand
> that!" rather than "I should make my code as clear as possible!" is an
> amateur, and one with an ego problem at that.

When writing software, always assume that the next person reading
your code will be somebody much less qualified than you, and they
will be required to fix a very hot bug with little time for study.

You'll probably be right.

     Steve

--
Stephen J. Friedl / V-Systems, Inc. / Santa Ana, CA / +1 714 545 6442
3B2-kind-of-guy   / friedl at vsi.com  / {attmail, uunet, etc}!vsi!friedl

As long as Bush is in office, you'll never see Nancy Reagan in *my* .sig.