comma operator: keep away?

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Sat Apr 29 11:13:29 AEST 1989

In article <1989Apr26.215113.10807 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
=As C programmers, we have the tools to make powerful programs utterly
=unreadable if we make the slightest effort in that direction.  Making them
=readable, on the other end, takes significant work and considerable restraint.
=--

Here, here!  After spending a very frustrating day on a "2-3 hour job",
I want to say: write good documentation, too. Write an overview of the
program, and each major function.  If you print the source code, put
tabs on the pages and include a table of contents and maybe a "cflow"
output.  My client "wasted" some bucks today because of all the reading
and paper-shuffling I had to do.

Pete

--
Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College				CompuServe: 70240,334