Decrypting Files Encrypted on Another Machine

Mike Wescott wescott at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM
Sat Apr 8 04:03:34 AEST 1989

In article <198 at rancho.uucp> rock at rancho.uucp (Rock Kent) writes:
[ about problems with NCR Tower's crypt and Microport's crypt ]
>   - something's getting munged up in the transfer . . .

possible - check the byte order on each machine or the encrypted file

>   - I've some critical parameter erroneously set . . . possible, since
>     I'm unaware of any parameters.

I don't know of any either.

>   - The system V release 3 crypt is different from the release 2 crypt.

Nope.

>   - Microport's crypt is nonstandard.

Possible.  I don't have Microport to test against but I have checked
some small files on Towers and on 4.3 Vax with no problems.