hostname aliasing in HDB uucp -HOW ?

Tahsin Choudhuri tahsin at rd-atlas.UUCP
Thu Apr 13 03:20:05 AEST 1989

We have a Sun-3 (3.5) whose hostname is atlas, and it is known as rd-atlas to
others on the usenet. I would like to keep using rd-atlas as its uucp
name when I make a uucplink with other machines and atlas as its hostname.

I am having trouble to establish a link between this Sun and another machine
which is running HDB uucp. In that remote machine, in the Systems file under
HDB if I use rd-atlas, then I (i.e. Sun) gets disconneted with error message:
'You are unknown to me'. But, if I put atlas in the Systems file then
everything works OK; but the users in the remote machine then have to use
atlas!user to send mail to the Sun, which I don't like. I want the remote
machine to know the Sun as rd-atlas (from uuname(1) on the remote machine)
and use rd-atlas!user to send mail to the Sun.

This problem was resolved using L.aliases file before, what's the equivalent
of this in HDB uucp or how do you resolve this under HDB uucp ? I would very
much appreciate to hear from anybody who has already solved this problem.
Thanks in advance. Please, email directly if possible, I will post a
summary if others are interested.

Note: One solution is to change Sun's hostname to rd-atlas or have duplicate
  entries in the Systems file, I am looking for something different than these.
Tahsin 	Choudhuri, MN10-2515  ARPA: tahsin%rd-atlas at src.honeywell.com
Honeywell Inc. ResD MN 55422  UUCP: uunet!rutgers!umn-cs!srcsip!rd-atlas!tahsin