paging mail is systemV[139 V

Robert C. White Jr. rwhite at nusdhub.UUCP
Wed Apr 19 08:04:59 AEST 1989

in article <142 at jma.UUCP>, max at jma.UUCP (Max Heffler @ Landmark Graphics) says:
> I read that the system V mailer (xmail) is supposed to use pg for long mail;
> however, I have not been able to get paging to work, even if I specify the
> page variable in .mailrc.  Does anybody know how to accomplish paging mail
> (it happens on Compaqs, Mac's, IBM RT's...)?

You have to tell mailx how long is too long

set crt=24

The above command added to your .mailrc file will trigger the pager
functions of mailx for files longer than 24 lines.  Without that
wiffle the system would not know what mail to page and what to show
"as is"

Share and enjoy,
Rob.