SunOS 4.0 graded uucp service

Rick Adams rick at uunet.UU.NET
Sun Apr 30 14:15:01 AEST 1989

> HDB uucp uses Time/Grade in the Systems files to specify the max grade.
>
> I believe that there is some incompatability between the way HDB and 4.xbsd
> uucp specify grades.

Peter Honeyman's version of uucp is EXACTLY compatible with the 4.3BSD
uucp when it comes to handling grades.

You should avoid saying "HDB uucp". It has become as meaningless as saying
"Berkeley UNIX". I.e. there are many different versions of "HDB". E.g
some HDB versions dont support grading, some do.

The SunOS 4.1 HDB uucp has all of the good features of the 4.3BSD uucp
rolled into it. Virtually no other version of "HDB" will have those features.

--rick