Disk Problems: Is this normal?

Chris Whatley chari at nueces.UUCP
Tue Apr 18 08:22:23 AEST 1989

I have had a Next system for about 2 1/2 months now and
I am left with this question....

About 3-5 times a week, I usually have to reboot my system for
some reason or another and I do a verbose boot (as opposed
to watching a picture of a disk spinning around in a dialog).
about two boots in five have disk problems that fsck fixes.
I haven't actually lost any data (yet).

Maybe 1 of the 3-5 reboots is after a graceful shutdown.

Is this normal?

Chris

--
Chris Whatley                              |  "fish.. plate...
!bigtex!nueces!chari at cs.utexas.edu         |   plate of fish..."