console error

Yale Rosenblatt yale at stl.olivetti.com
Sat Apr 29 04:04:03 AEST 1989

  I have a Vax 750 running 4.2bsd. It is generally a pretty reliable machine. But just
lately a message keeps writing to the console. I'm not sure whether I should look at
memory or disk as the culprit and if there is any way of my fixing it at that time.
  The error reads as follows:

 mcr0: soft ecc addr 12ff syn 1f

The message has been writing to the console once every few minutes, for the last
few days. So I don't believe that is a catastrophic error.
  This problem is not the sort of problem that the masses of the world are holding
their breath to hear about. So if someone can just call or mail to me personally,
that would be fine.

Yale Rosenblatt
Olivetti Software Technology Lab.
(415) 496-6622