Unix BBS Software

Sandford Zelkovitz sandy at conexch.UUCP
Sat Apr 29 13:46:40 AEST 1989

In article <561 at lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU>, flash at lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Stephen Corbesero) writes:

> I need to put up a bulletin board system on Unix.  Although I have an
> older version of XBBS, I tried to get a newer version, but alphacm
> seems to have disappeared.
>
> --
Steve,

Alphacm has been up and running for years! A year and a half ago the
telephone numbers were changed but that is all! You can reach alphacm
at 714-898-8634, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I should know since that
system is mine. BTW, XBBS is up to version 7.30 and is NOW ported to run
on Sun Microsystem Computers. Presently, I have it running on a SUN
3/110 and will soon be bring it up on a SUN 4/280. I will have the SUN
version available for downloading as soon as I can figure on what to
delete on the 386 system <SCO Xenix386> to make room for it!

What is more important is that alphacm is now using Telebit-Plus modems
so you can call in at 19.2K baud and grab it.

Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz    XBBS      714-898-8634 data   714-894-7898 voice
......!uunet!zardoz!alphacm!sandy     ....!att!hermix!alphacm!sandy
......!attmail!bergy!alphacm!sandy    ....!trwrb!ucla-an!alphacm!sandy