SUSPENDED PROGRAMS

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Wed Feb 8 02:23:49 AEST 1989

In article <248 at ibd.BRL.MIL> heilpern at brl.arpa (Mark A. Heilpern (IBD) <heilpern>) writes:
>A while back I cam across the 4.3BSD ability to 'suspend' a running process
>by hitting ^Z. (I think this is a CSH feature) (bug??)

No, job control is also available in the BRL Bourne shell on the same systems
(and in the Korn shell, which we haven't yet licensed).

>Is there any way to resume the process, either by letting it continue to
>run in the background or foreground?

Of course there is.  The manual page for whichever shell will tell you how.

Don't you guys in IBD know how to ask questions locally instead of
broadcasting around the world?  Next time try posting to Support.