SUSPENDED PROGRAMS

Rodney R. Green rgreen at druhi.ATT.COM
Thu Feb 9 01:12:01 AEST 1989

in article <248 at ibd.BRL.MIL>, heilpern at ibd.BRL.MIL (Mark A. Heilpern ) says:

> A while back I cam across the 4.3BSD ability to 'suspend' a running process
> by hitting ^Z. (I think this is a CSH feature) (bug??)
>
> Is there any way to resume the process, either by letting it continue to
> run in the background or foreground?

To bring the job back into the foreground, type fg; to run it in
the background, use bg.  Jobs running in the background already
(either put their using ^Z, bg or with the & at the end of the command)
can be brought back into the foreground using fg also.

Rodney Green
AT&T Bell Laboratories		Denver, CO
rgreen at druhi.ATT.COM	...!att!druhi!rgreen