Cap and NumLock Specific Multiscreens

barton barton at holston.UUCP
Thu Feb 16 08:07:03 AEST 1989

In article <458 at ispi.UUCP>, jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
> In article <4 at holston.UUCP> barton at holston.UUCP (barton) writes:
> }On my original bundled distribution of SCO Xenix 2.1.3 which
> }came w/my NCR PC8, the CAPS lock and Numlock keys were
> }Multiscreen specific.
> }
> }However, now that I have upgraded to ver 2.2.1, I have lost
> }this feature.
> }
> }Is this something I can reconfigure myself, or was this an
> }enhancement made by NCR, since they did license the XENIX?

> It's not you, its not NCR, it is the way that SCO is now doing it :-(((
>
> If we all make enough noise then maybe SCO will change it back.

Suprise, I had no idea! I really liked that feature.

I sometimes feel now as if I have one shoe off and one on
when negotiating these screens.

Perhaps there are more of us out there who remember 2.1.3
and this feature now lost?

Barton A. Fisk                Voice: 318-439-5984
Barton A. Fisk & Co.
PO Box 1781
Lake Charles, La.  70602-1781

UUCP: { texbell, killer }!warble!holston!barton
INTERNET: barton at holston.UUCP