Interactive 386/ix and /dev/tty01...

Micky Liu m-liu at eastend.columbia.edu
Mon Feb 13 13:15:17 AEST 1989

I have a generic 386 box that I have installed Interactive's 386/ix
V2.0 on.  I have succesfully gotten /dev/tty00 to work even though the
sysadm scripts that are used for ttymgmt are not working properly.  I
just had to make the appropriate entries in /etc/inittab and
/etc/gettydefs.  When I tried to do similar things for /dev/tty01 some
funny things occur...  No matter how quickly I make the settings, the
login prompt appears on my terminal at about one character per second,
that is, it types "login:" on my terminal very slowly...  But then it
hangs there without receiving input...  The entries in /etc/inittab
and /etc/gettydefs are identical except for the label tty01 vs. tty00.
Any clues as to what is causing this type of behaviour?

Thanx!

Micky Liu

  arpa: micky at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu
  uucp: ...!rutgers!columbia!eastend!m-liu
bitnet: malua at cuvmc