history/savehist variables in csh

B. Sam Blanchard sam at bsu-cs.UUCP
Sat Feb 25 04:59:29 AEST 1989

In article <345 at shapetc.UUCP> ec at shapetc.UUCP (Enrico Chiarucci) writes:

>In my .login file I have the following lines (in a more or less vanilla
>Sun-2 flavour of unix):
>	source -h ~/.history
>
>Upon logging in, however, I consistently get 32 commands preserved from
>the previous session. .login and .cshrc are also used to set and reset
>
>enrico

In Article 10884 of comp.unix.questions:
]The last line is not needed. csh does this `source' for you automatically.
]
] Dave Paulson	dpaulso at relay.nswc.navy.mil	(703)663-2137

    Correct me if I'm wrong but--
	source -h ~/.history
    adds .history to the current history.  I.e. (maybe you knew this Dave)
    the 32 command history that Enrico has after his .login finishes is
    the contents of his .history file followed by the contents of his
    .history file.  ;-)
--
B. Sam Blanchard         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!sam