8mm tape questions

Mr. Uucp gilgut at cg-atla.UUCP
Fri Feb 17 02:27:47 AEST 1989

Hi,
We have recently installed 3 MTI 8mm drives onto a UNIBUX hung off the BI
in our VAX 8800 which is running Ultrix 3.0...
They work real nice!
The questions I have are related to the fact that they are a 'new item'
on the market.

1) Does anyone have any data on the 'life' of these tapes regarding
reuse, over time?
2) Does anyone know at what point 'bitrot' (Loss of data from age) sets
in?

Please mail me replies, and I will summarize.
Thanks,
					Steve

--
Steve Gilgut, Agfa Compugraphic Div; Wilmington, Mass. (508)658-5600 X5277
{uunet!ginosko,decvax,ulowell}!cg-atla!gilgut     (Work) R & D Computer Center