higher resolution ega/vga modes in xenix 386

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Fri Feb 17 03:12:12 AEST 1989

I am interested in using the 43 line mode for EGA and 50 line mode for
VGA. Currently the only way I can do this is by running an editor under
VP/ix. Before I go to a lot of work, is there a supported way to put the
screen into these modes? Does someone sell a device driver to allow it?
I don't have any intension of giving up virtual terminals, and I have a
script to convert a text file to dos format, start the editor in 50 line
mode, and convert back. The problem is that I can't open a UNIX format
file on the fly, and VP/ix is a *lot* of overhead.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)